Back to gallery

Sunnyside up! Pioneer cemetery serves Washington’s oldest city

Photo detail

A landmark at Sunnyside Cemetery, the Davis Blockhouse was built as a log cabin in 1853, then converted into a blockhouse for security purposes after Isaac Ebey was beheaded in 1857. Adjacent to the blockhouse is a marker for Mary Barrett, written in both English and Gaelic.


Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment