Monday, November 10, 2014/lk
With only five new building permits processed with a total combined valuation of $20,000, the month of October was slow for new construction in the city of Sunnyside.
It might have been a light month, but there were two literal signs of progress.
Half of the valuation for new permitted projects last month was for a readerboard sign with an electronic message center for Sunnyside Christian High School at 1820 Sheller Rd.
One other new sign given the go-ahead in October was for a wall sign at Ameristar, 1825 Waneta Rd. It is listed as having a valuation of $5,000.
Other permitted projects last month were a new gas line at 2600 E. Yakima Valley Hwy. #7, a re-roof and patio cover rebuild at 1221 Sunset Place and three new furnace and air conditioner units at 703 E. Franklin Ave.
Year-to-date, new building valuation in Sunnyside stands at $31.6 million.
The 304 building permits issued through the first 10 months of 2014 have garnered the city of Sunnyside a combined total of $265,107 in permit fees.
More like this story
- Commercial addition topsbuilding starts in Sunnyside last month
- Planned Parenthood clinic tops December building starts in Sunnyside
- Housing starts pace new construction in Sunnyside
- Credit union, hospital making progress on expansions
- One home construction tops building starts in Sunnyside last month