Friday, March 28, 2014/lk
The Sunnyside School Board is supporting the Network for Excellence in Washington Schools with a one-time $500 supporting payment and a resolution of support.
The network sued the state of Washington in 2007 for underfunding the public school system. The network won the case at the state Supreme Court and now is monitoring the activities of the legislature to make certain the court’s orders are followed. The district’s payment is in support of those efforts.
More like this story
- Grandview joins lawsuit aimed at fully funding schools
- Honeyford ally seeks Supreme Court seat
- Governor appoints King County justice to state’s top court
- Carpenter only Eastern Washington candidate in race for State Supreme Court position
- Ask your legislators to make education funding their top priority