Wednesday, November 20, 2013/lk
The state’s Department of Ecology invites public comments on proposed updates to the Washington State Department of Transportation municipal stormwater general permit regulations.
The permit regulates stormwater runoff in designated areas on state highways, rest areas, park-and-ride lots, ferry terminals and maintenance facilities.
Department of Ecology officials will hold a public workshop to explain the proposed changes to the permit, followed by a public hearing at 1:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 8, 2014, at the agency’s building at 300 Desmond Dr. SE in Lacey.
Officials will accept written and oral comments on the draft permit until 5 p.m. Jan. 10, 2014.
Send comments to email@example.com or mail hard copy comments to Foroozan Labib, Washington State Department of Ecology, P.O. Box 47696, Olympia, WA 98504-7696.
The agency expects to issue the new permits in March 2014 when the current permits expire.
More like this story
- Sunnyside, other Eastern Washington cities now required to develop stormwater management program
- Washington state reveals proposals for stormwater project funding
- Eastern Washington stormwater changes delayed until 2014
- Feedback on air quality plan wanted by state
- Comments invited on stormwater model ordinances