Thursday, March 28, 2013/lk
The downtown revitalization project in Sunnyside is moving forward after the city council approved the final design concept presented by HLA at Monday night's regular council meeting.
The final design concept includes both angle-in parking and parallel parking downtown. It also includes wider sidewalks and a sidewalk extension near the bandstand at Centennial Square that expands the space available for public events.
The council approved a resolution to continue the project and another resolution to submit a loan application to the United States Department of Agriculture for infrastructure funding related to the project.
More like this story
- Improvement projects get OK
- Downtown revitalization project receives $250,000 planning grant
- Downtown Sunnyside to lose traffic lights, but will gain planter boxes, wider sidewalks
- Routine business matters handled by Sunnyside City Council
- City council agreeable to seeking grant funds for downtown upgrade