Wednesday, August 22, 2012
Now is the time for seventh and eighth graders at Sunnyside's Sierra Vista and Harrison middle schools to complete all clearance requirements to participate in fall sports.
The offices at both middle schools are open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. to accommodate the young athletes.
ASB Director Steve Urrutia said fall practices for middle school football, volleyball and boys soccer will get underway on Wednesday, Sept. 5. It is important, he indicated, that student-athletes are cleared to practice before that date.
To be a member of one of the middle school sports teams, athletes must have proof of having passed a physical exam, proof of insurance and must purchase an ASB card ($20). All of the necessary paperwork to complete the clearance requirements is available at the two middle school main offices.
Practice sessions the first week of school for all the sports teams are scheduled from 2:30 to 4:45 p.m.
School officials are stressing that between now and the first day of school (Sept. 4), parents should be working with their children to complete all clearance requirements.
More like this story
- Sierra Vista Middle School signing up athletes Tuesday evening
- Sunnyside High athletes can begin getting cleared for fall sports teams
- Grizzly athletes urged to get cleared for fall sports seasons this coming Friday
- S'side High switches sports clearance night to Tuesday, Aug. 18
- Sign-ups ongoing now for SHS fall sports teams