Tuesday, August 7, 2012/lk
With Port of Sunnyside Executive Director Amber Hansen set to retire Dec. 15, her replacement will start work next Monday.
Last night, Monday, port commissioners formally ratified Hansen's decision to hire Jay Hester as the new director.
Hansen selected Hester in April of this year to fill the post. She says Hester is coming on board a few months before she retires to help with the transition.
Commissioners also last night approved a pay package of $81,000 for Hester, a former property development and project manager for the Port of Sunnyside.
More like this story
- Familiar face returning to Port of Sunnyside as new executive director
- Contributions of retiring port director leave lasting impact on community
- Port's executive director to retire at end of year
- Port of Sunnyside seeks CERB funding for Carnation building revitalization
- Grubenhoff named new port president