Friday, August 14, 2009
Sunnyside High School student-athletes and their parents are urged to attend a special sports clearance night on Tuesday, Aug. 18.
The sports clearance night was originally scheduled for Monday, Aug. 17, but due to scheduling conflicts has been moved to the following evening.
During the 5 to 8 p.m. session in the high school commons next Tuesday, student-athletes and their parents will be provided all the necessary forms required for participation in the Grizzly sports programs. Parents need to bring with them, though, proof of insurance. Those families who don't have their own medical insurance will be provided an opportunity to purchase coverage for their children.
Also required at Tuesday's meeting from the student-athletes are the forms showing they have had a physical examination.
The Aug. 18 sports clearance night is designed to accommodate not only fall season athletes, but winter and spring sports team members, as well.
The goal, said a school spokesman, is to streamline the first day of practices by having all student-athletes cleared beforehand.
Those who attend next Tuesday evening's meeting will also have the opportunity to purchase 2009-10 high school yearbooks and their ASB cards.
More like this story
- Grizzly athletes urged to get cleared for fall sports seasons this coming Friday
- Sunnyside middle school athletes urged to get cleared now for fall sports seasons
- Grizzly practices to start next week
- Sign-ups ongoing now for SHS fall sports teams
- Athletic advisory council works to remedy gray areas in SHS code