Friday, August 11, 2006
The Sunnyside High School fall sports season gets underway next week with the first practices of the year.
SHS Athletic Director Bill Daley is urging Grizzly athletes to prepare now to be cleared to participate. He said all students planning on playing on one of the Grizzly sports teams must secure an eligibility card, provide proof of insurance, purchase an ASB card ($30) and have on file an updated sports physical.
The school's ASB office will be open beginning next Monday, Aug. 14. Office hours will be from 7:30 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3:30 p.m.
Daley went on to explain that sports physicals will not be offered at the high school this year.
"Athletes that need an updated physical must contact their family physician for an appointment," he said, but he did note that the Farmworkers Clinic is offering physical exams at Mabton High School next Tuesday, Aug. 15, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at a cost of $10.
Sunnyside High School's football team will begin practicing on Wednesday, Aug. 16. The Grizzly cross country, volleyball, soccer and swimming teams will start their practices on Monday, Aug. 21.
Daley said this year the members of the rally squad and Grizzliettes must also meet clearance requirements to practice with their respective squads.
More like this story
- Grizzly athletes urged to get cleared for fall sports seasons this coming Friday
- Grizzly football practice begins middle next week
- SHS Lady Grizzly volleyball tryouts set for Monday, Aug. 26
- S'side High switches sports clearance night to Tuesday, Aug. 18
- School board informed Mid-Valley League hoop schedule to be changed next season