Wednesday, September 28, 2005
MABTON - Mabton High School senior Jesica Orozco has begun a canned food drive to help victims of hurricane Katrina and Rita.
Orozco said she came up with the idea after seeing similar efforts in Daily Sun News stories.
In addition to canned foods, she is also collecting hygiene items such as toothpaste and soap.
"I started on the project to help but it's turning into my senior project," Orozco said.
Beginning next week, her collection efforts will shift to clothing items for hurricane victims.
The items can be dropped off at Mabton High School at any time during school hours.
More like this story
- Help for hurricane victims trucked out each Friday from Lower Valley
- SCHS cheer team aids Katrina relief
- Outlook open house serves as fund-raiser for hurricane victims
- Food bank, Nuestra Casa beneficiaries of Mabton student’s senior project
- Mabton elementary students pledge to help victims of Hurricane Katrina